Monday, July 16, 2012

Theme-a-licious: Jolly July - Welcoming Ramadhan



As I mentioned on my last post, this Jolly July I am going to stitch this design:


The design is in Arabic by 'Oriental Stitching', I don't know the  title really, but I guess its a Row of Arabic Dancers in Palestinian Wedding. But I am going to make my own title: Welcoming Ramadhan. Ramadhan will start this Friday for one month, its a very special time of the year for us... we are welcoming and celebrating this month with joy and gratefulness :)

I enjoyed stitching it so far, in the beginning it was so difficult to me to put it down until I had very bad  migraine and spotting/blurry vision. I think I should buy additional lamp to be used when stitching, and have more sleep and eat regularly. I always had this migraine and spotting/blurry visions as long as I can remember - when I don't have enough sleep and skipping supper (in the past I always have it if I don't have rice 3 times a day (I know, unbelievably right, but that's our staple food, we even have heavy breakfast with rice) but now since I got married I can go without rice at least 2 days). 
I changed most of the colours, the codes that were given with the pattern are different than the finished  work shown on picture. After I bought all the floss and started to stitch I just realised that I don't like the colours and most of them are so bland on my choice of fabric (Glitter gold aida 14ct). So I searched available floss in my stash, they are not many really considering I am a starter, but luckily I could find what I need and I am quite happy with the result :)

Here is my progress:


I am very positive I would be able to finish it by the end of this month... not much left and during Ramadhan usually I would have more time to do something like this :) Only little back stitch left and stitching the edges, and I may add some wording as well :)
Some highlights of our days in between stitching it:
AMMAN WAVES
Dilara was enjoying it (before she got bored and feeling too cold) while Ali was hating it. Both of them were so happy to leave :) It was quite nice tough... and finally we know what Amman Waves is, no need to feel curious anymore. Personally I was disappointed because the place was small and far below most of aqua parks in Indonesia. I feel sorry for all Saudis who were crowding the Amman Waves. You all should go to Indonesia instead :)
Dilara got her uniforms from International Community School. She will enter Reception class this September. She is still missing her old school in Syria, begging us to move back there, but excited about her new uniform. It would be her first uniform :)
Dilara finishes her first session of swimming course (she got her first medal, every swimmer got one by the way) and continuing to the second session which will be ended this Thursday (and she will get one more medal, but she said she doesn't want it, 'one is enough for me and lets give another one for Ali'). She is still enjoying the swimming even though more anxious since the coach wants her to swim without any float support
At Yohana 5th birthday party which was celebrated at Jungle Bungle. We had a blast, we enjoyed it so much including me and Serkan. We were inside the playground and tried everything because we have Ali as our excuse :) I don't have Ali's picture at all, the little boy was so excited and keep moving around, impossible to take his picture.

Luigi and Iryna's wedding. The groom is from Italy and the bride is from Ukraine (and the witnesses are from Turkey (my husband) and Tunis). They exchanged the vows at Italian Embassy, because of security measure (with a very short notice even the father of the bride couldn't attend) all the guests couldn't present during the ceremony but we have celebration later in a restaurant which serving Arab food.



I think all the photos collages showed how JOLLY our JULY is :)


***** many thanks, terima kasih, sağol, شُكْرًا
 

8 comments:

  1. What a delightful post! I really enjoyed seeing all your pictures. Dilara looks so cute in her school uniform : ) The stitching project is very nice! I was only familiar with the name Ramadhan ... not what Ramadhan actually is ... so I did a bit of research on the internet. It seems I can compare it very, very loosely to the catholic season of Lent. Therefore wishing you a Happy Ramadhan does not seem to be correct but my research tells me it is appropriate to say "Kul 'am wa enta bi-khair!" so that is my greeting to you : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Shirlee... how nice and thoughtful you are, I must say 'Shukran jazeelan' with warm big hugs from me (and also kisses on both cheeks in arabic style :-p)

      Delete
  2. Your stitching is lovely and your kids are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Ewa :) I just visited your blog and I like your writing so I'll visit you often :) ahlan wa sahlan to my blog :)

      Delete
  3. Hi

    Just found your lovely blog.
    Your WIP is looking great so far!
    Love the photos of your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Belle, welcome to my blog... yours is lovely too and I just become your new follower :)

      Delete
  4. Another interesting post! The dancers are coming along nicely, I like your colour choices.
    Your little girl is so cute in her uniform, the polo shirt is the same colour as my son's school shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo! thank you so much for stopping by and commenting :) The dancers is almost done, only one layer of border left :)
      It is interesting one of my friend on facebook just commented too that her children polo tshirt has the same colour too :)

      Delete