Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Jumanji June, 2012 Theme-a-licious



Happy dance for my first theme-a-licious! It went very well even though I couldn't manage to finish it on time but I'm getting there! I enjoyed stitching Margaret Sherry's Furry Friends, I stitched it with faster pace than normally am. I love wathcing it growing:


One picture for each day I stitched it, so I stitched them for seven days (will put picture from last day in the end of this post). I had one or two days break in the beginning of my daughter's swimming course. She is the one who take the course but I am the one who gets exhausted :) Having two kids in tow, looking for a taxi in this summer heat is definitely no fun. Fortunately after 2 days of hard day dear daddy finally said he would take and pick us up to/from the school where the course is taking place. Good thing that his office and the school is in the same neighbourhood and our house is not too far from his office (he walks everyday to his office, there is a shortcut that makes travel time only takes 5 minutes, it will take him longer if he took the car ^-^). Still it is difficult for me at the pool, I have to wrestle with Ali that never stay still while keep my eye on Dilara and shout encouragement words to her (you can do it! just jump! I'm so proud of you! excellent! good girl! you're so brave! etc), struggle to change/wash Dilara while give instruction to Ali to stay where he is :) But to see how she progressing (she used to afraid of water even in playing pool with her classmates during a birthday party she didn't enjoy it), how brave she is following the coach instruction with full attention and never cry, always smile even after she made mistake and drown a bit, is priceless and I am willing to keep her in this course until Ramadan comes and will continue again after summer for regular class.




Back to my Theme-a-licious June, I finished almost all the stitches except the blocking and back stitching. Very little white spot left on the left side as you can see in this pic:



I ran out of light blue 3753 threads and during the weekend (Friday and Saturday) the shop is closed. I don't think I will go there anytime soon because just last Tuesday I was there and bought lots of threads and some fabric for my Theme-a-licious July and small project that I want to make as a gift for a friend in Turkey. When I could buy the thread and finish the rest of it I will post again, promise! :)

Now for the next Theme-a-licious:

Jolly July
It's a jolly holiday with your WIPs...you can concentrate on Christmas designs, ornaments, or even pick a different holiday to render in stitchy goodness.
Since I don't celebrate Christmas I pick this design instead:

Arabic dance in Palestinian Wedding

It is a pattern that I found in a small craft and hobby shop in Sweifiyeh, there was a pile of old arabic style patterns and I bought a couple of Palestinian themed patterns including this one. I will start making it soon and will let you all know how it goes on my Jolly July check in post :)

***** many thanks, terima kasih, sağol, شُكْرًا
 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. ciao anche a te, grazie per aver visitato il (hello to you too, thank you for stopping by... powered by google translate ha ha I dont know they get it right) :)

      Delete
  2. Hi!
    Beautiful work! Love the colors you used. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2012/07/theme-licious-jumanji-june-wrapup.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "Furry Friends" WIP is very cute. And so it Dilara! It's great that she's learning how to swim at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you... Dilara is in her three weeks of swimming course now and still enjoying it :)

      Delete
  4. Great work on the Margaret Sherry this past month and I love the piece you have chosen for July's theme. How cute are your little girls, thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very late commenting...sorry for that! I love your Furry Friends. =) Tell Dilara "good work" in learning to swim...she looks very happy in the pictures. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Heather :) Dilara enjoyed her swimming lesson and has finished her course now and is having a break now, hopefully she would be able to pick up where she left at when she continue again after summer :)

      Delete