Monday, March 11, 2013

Themealicious Figural February wrap up and New apartment!

Hello from our new residence in Dheir Ghbar!
Another belated post from me but I am so happy to announce that it is not caused by lame internet connection anymore! Our internet is so fast because now we live at the roof top! I have been so occupied with the house moving and all that stuff I haven't touched any cross stitch for about 10 days!

Some views from our apartment:









I really really love this house, it is new, actually small but the way the designed it make it looks so spacious. They made it in western style (so no waste of space that you usually findin Arabic style), high ceiling and glass all around :) The neighbour, landlady and even the watchman are super nice. There is a playground nearby, (soon to be) my son kindergarten is within walking distance, near main street but not the busy noisy one, easy to find taxi (I don't drive so this is important!), my husband now has to drive to office (usually he walks) but he doesn't have to pass the traffic jam area, and my daughter travel time to school is cut up to 30 mins! Still can't believe our luck because the rent is quite cheap for the area.



Now.. my cross stitch :) I made 'I love teaching' up to this point:


Not too bad I guess considering I stitched it for about 4 days only. If only I didn't have to clean and pack I would have finished it :)

March Madness
Work on something different every day...it's madness...of the funnest possible kind

Now I am torn between stitching all the designs that I have made promise to make for people back home (will go to Indonesia in July) or stitching some pieces for my new apartment ;)



***** many thanks, terima kasih, sağol, شُكْرًا
 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new home! The pics are lovely and it sounds wonderful.
    Great stitching progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you love your new home! The pictures of the sunset are beautiful. (Or maybe it is the sunrise? I always assume "sunset" because I do not like to get up early!) I think you did well to stitch at all since you have moved!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks heather :) some are sunset and some are sunsrise, I get the access for both sides and my daughter has to go to school really early that's why I could get to see the sunrise :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so pleased that you like your new apartment. The skies are quite spectacular, hopefully the colours will inspire you to do lots of stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jo, they inspired me to do lots of stitching and also ironing (I set up my ironing board facing the windows) :)

      Delete