Monday, November 5, 2012

Themealicious: Obligation October


hi Themealicious, I am back :)

Obligation October
Wow, the holidays are only a couple months away! Avoid that last-minute crunch and work on some gifts now.
I have explained in this post the reasons why I absence from blogger (and events such IHSW, TUSAL and of course Themealicious), so now its time for me to show my progress :

The first work that I want to show here is actually a project that I made for September Small. I planned to make one pin cushion and two biscornus but I only managed to make one pin cushion. I made this for Marina (http://stitchingrendezvous.blogspot.com) so I think this also match for October Obligation theme :)



I wasn't happy with dacron filling that I have for my own pin cushion, so I am planning to fill this one with natural cotton. I don't know where to get it in here so I decided to buy it in Indonesia (I am planning to go home next summer) just before I hand it to Marina (she lives in Indonesia).

Second project is a small cross stitch for Ina, my friend in Amman who is going to move back to France. I found a simply cute pattern that stated 'La Maison du Bonheur' - The house of happiness. I added the name of their family and the name of each family member.




This project is small so I am going to turn it to a box. I have taken it to a frame shop and will pick it up in a week. Finger crossed it will turn out nicely. İt was kind of difficult to explain with the shop guy because I didn't have any example with me (and forgot to bring any picture) and his english was limited. I will post later once I got it done.

Third project is a gift for a friend (and long distance relative from my husband side. it is interesting because she is Indonesian and we are related through our Turkish families) who will give birth to a baby boy (God's willing) in November. It is a long waited baby after one ectopic pregnancy and one miscarriage. I almost finish the project, only need to fill the booties with white and add the name and the date of birth. I am a bit disappointed with the washable pen that I used, the green colour left a faint yellowish line. I tried everything its still there :( Any suggestion?




Apart from that yellowish line, I love the result. I will update it later when I stitched the name/date and framed. My husband keep teasing me, where is the body? why only the bottom? I think its artistic but he just dont get it. what do you think?

And my last work is the Rose Clock that I made for my sister:
Its very simple but elegant stitching, I love it alot, it only took 2 days to finish. I still thinking whether to get it framed in Amman or Jakarta.



This small project drew a lot of attention on my facebook. I even got an order from a friend but I just don't know how to put a price in it. Anybody can help me?


Apart from the first one, I had 3 projects in October, all done in the first two weeks. Not bad at all :)
Nail It November: 
What's lying around that's so close to being finished you can't stand it anymore? Get to it and finish it!
I have three unfinished projects: Silvermoon Tea for my sis in Law, Baby Kitties and Furry Friends that I really want to finish!


***** many thanks, terima kasih, sağol, شُكْرًا
 

8 comments:

  1. You did a great job with Obligation October!

    The Rose Clock is gorgeous - I can see why it generated so much interest on your FB page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jackie:) cant wait to see it become an actual clock :)

      Delete
  2. Great stitching this month, love the chubby baby legs!

    One way to decide on a price is take the cost of materials and double it. So if it costs £10 to kit up a project then charge £20 for kitting and stitching. If the person is a good friend though and I'm stitching from stash I say "Just buy me some chocolates instead"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the suggestion Jo, I was thinking the same thing xx

      Delete
  3. Great jobs!!! Love the French design (being French myself!) I think it will look really good in your friend's new home ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your smalls!! Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete