Friday, May 25, 2012

My first work: Time for A Hug






Clock: Time for a hug (Pooh & Piglet)

Aida White fabric 14ct, size 26.5x26.5 cm, DMC threads

Cross stitch kit bought from Indonesia (Nov 2011), started stitching in Syria and finished in Turkey (Dec 2011).
Stitched in 1 week.
Framed in Aleppo, Syria (Jan-Feb 2012). 

I almost couldn't get this clock because bombs exploded in Aleppo just a day before I was going to collect it. But a couple of days later a friend collected it for me. She said 'I want you to have it because this is your first work'. So happy!

Initially I made it for my children bedroom (my daughter was so excited about it) but changed my mind several times after I saw more suitable designs for their room. Now it is proudly hanged on our living room in Amman since we don't have any other wall clock :)

***** many thanks, terima kasih, sağol, شُكْرًا

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This piece has survived a bombing! I'm glad you kept it and have it in your living room. It deserves a spot. Lovely to read your first post!!

    ReplyDelete